Виконайте вправи на всі минулі часи в англійській мові, а саме Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect. Вправи взяті із збірника вправ Ю. Голицынский, частково змінені і доповнені.
Повторити минулі часи в англійській мові:
Past Tenses Revision (Повторення часів групи Past)
A. Зіставте час дієслова Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect і характер дії:
Ст. Підберіть приклади:
С. Переведіть приклади.
* * *
Вправи на минулі часи в англійській мові Past Simple, Past Continuous та Past Perfect в порівнянні
Вправа ввідний. Зіставте час дієслова і тимчасове вираз.
then, when? (питання), when he came, when after) he came, before he came from 2 till 3, at 5 o’clock yesterday, by the time he came, yesterday, last night/ year, a week/month ago, in 1999, the other day, while, all day/ night/ morning, after, etc.
|Past Simple||Past Continuous||Past Perfect|
* * *
Вправа 1. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в Past Simple або Past Perfect.
1. By two o’clock the teacher (to examine) all the students.
2. On my way to school I (to remember) that I (to leave) my report at home.
3. All my friends (to be) glad to hear that I (to pass) all the exams successfully.
4. Poor boy (to open) his eyes, (to look) around and (to try) what to remember (to happen) to him.
5. All the passengers (to see) at once that the old man (to travel) a lot in his life.
6. By the time we (to come) to see him, he (to leave) home.
7. During the holidays my friend (to visit) the village where he (to live in his childhood.
8. When they (to enter the hall, the performance already (to begin).
9. When I (to come) home, my mother (to go) shopping.
10. He (to study) French before he (to enter the university.
* * *
Вправа 2. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в Past Simple або Past Perfect.
1. I (to think) he already (to go) home.
2. I (not to see) after him we (to meet )at the concert.
3. He (to leave) the house before I (to have ) time to ask him anything.
4. After he (to spend) some days in Paris he (to feel) lonely and (to want) return to home.
5. He (to speak) a language we never (to hear) before.
6. When the rain (to stop), I (to look ) out of the window.
7. The telegram (to come) some minutes after he (to leave).
8. She (to think) that Tom and Lanny (to quarrel).
9. The girl (to be) glad that she (to find) a seat near the window.
10. He (to remember) that he (not to ring) her up in the morning.
11. By the time the train (to reach) the city, he (to make) friends with many passengers.
12. When my uncle (to leave), he (to hurry) to the station to book a ticket.
* * *
Порівняйте вживання Past Simple, Past Continuous та Past Perfect
Вправа 3. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в Past Simple, Past Continuous та Past Perfect.
1. By eight o’clock yesterday I (to finish) my work and at eight I (to play the piano.
2. By six o’clock father (to come) home and at six he (to have) dinner.
3. By nine o’clock yesterday grandmother (to wash) the dishes and at nine she (to watch) TV.
4. When I (to meet) Tom, he (to eat) an ice-cream which he (to buy) at the corner of the street.
5. When father (to come) home, we (to cook) the mushrooms which we (to gather) in the wood.
6. When I (to see) Ann, she (to look) at the flowers which she (to pick) in the field.
7. When I (to come) home yesterday, I (to see) that my little brother (to break) my pen and (to play with its pieces.
8. When I (to open) the door of the classroom, I (to see) that the teacher already (to come) and a student (to write) a test.
9. When I (to come) home my sister (to read) a book which she (to bring) from the library.
10. When mother (to come) home, the children (to eat) the soup which she (to cook) in the morning.
11. When I (to ring) up Mike, he still (to learn) the poem which he (to begin) learning at school.
12. When I (to look) out of the window, the children (to play with a ball which Pete (to bring) from home.
* * *
Вправа 4. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
Last night we (to go) to a football match. We (to take) a bus. The bus (to be) overcrowded as many people (to want) to see the match. We (to get) off the bus and (to go) in the direction of the stadium. While we (to cross) the road, I (to see) Victor. He (to stand) at the corner. He said he (to wait) for his friend who (to come) to St. Petersburg the day before and (to wish) to see the new stadium. A man (to come) up to me and asked if I (to have) a spare ticket for the match. Victor told us that just two boys (to ask) him whether he (to have) a spare ticket. We (to enter the stadium just as the football players (to come) out on to the field. At the entrance to the stadium we (to meet) Tony. He (to show) us to our seats and (to ask) me if I (to play) football in my childhood. We (to agree) to meet in the snack bar during the interval.
* * *
Вправа 5. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
1. There (to be) two men in the room. One of them (to write) something while the other (to read) a newspaper.
2. He (not to tell) me that he (to receive) a telegram from her.
3. She (to say) that he (to give) her the wrong address.
5. I (to ask) him where he (to put) my hat.
6. He (to tell) us that they (to spend) all the money.
7. I (to sit) in an armchair and (to think) of my coming trip across the North Sea when the door suddenly (to open) and an old friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a very long time (to enter the room.
8. She (to come) to see us just at the time when we (to have) dinner. It (to be) the first time I (to see) her.
9. I (to see) him when he (to leave) the hotel.
10. He (to leave) the house before I (to have) time to ask him anything.
11. I (to find) the old man in the garden. He (to talk) to some children who (to stand) around listening to him.
12. He (to tell) me that he (to learn) it from the newspaper.
13. He (to enter the room, (to take) something from the desk and (to go) out.
Продовжити вивчення англійської мови на рівні ADVANCED