У цьому уроці ви знайдете слова рівня intermediate з теми «My family and me», а також топік для ознайомлення. Попередньо рекомендується вивчити англійські слова для початківців.
My Family and me. Список англійських слів №2 (intermediate)
- consist of — складатися з
- relatives — родичі
- close relatives — близькі родичі
- relations — родичі
- relationship — відносини
- an only child in the family — єдина дитина в сім’ї
- husband and a wife — чоловік і дружина
- sibling — рідний брат або сестра
- second cousin — троюрідний брат (сестра)
- great grandmother — прабабуся
- great grandfather — прадідусь
- great grandparents — дідусь і бабуся
- grandson — онук
- granddaughter — онука
- grandchildren — онуки
- (marry) get married smb — одружуватися, виходити заміж за
- get a divorce — розлучитися
- live on your own — жити самостійно
- be on friendly terms — бути у дружніх стосунках
- make dates — зустрічатися
- get well on — ладнати
- look after children — доглядати за дітьми
- take care of children — піклуватися про дітей
- bring up — виховувати
- family life — сімейне життя
Topic «My Family and Family Traditions»
Відповідайте на питання, перш ніж читати текст.
- How big is your family?
- What is your family like?
- What are your parents?
- What does your mother look like?
- What is your father like?
- What is your main characteristic?
- Have you got any family traditions? What are they?
Прочитайте даний топік і складіть повідомлення, про свою сім’ю англійською мовою, використовуючи даний текст за основу. Зверніть увагу на виділені жирним шрифтом слова. Запам’ятайте їх!
I would like to tell you about my family.
Well, let me start with what our family is like. We are a family of four: my father, mother, my younger sister and me. We are very close, friendly and hospitable family. We live together in a new flat in one of the best districts of (your city).
Now I would like to say a few words about each of us.
First of all, I want to describe my father as he is the head of our family. My father is 40. He is a middle–sized man with short hair and fair green eyes. He works as a chief-engineer in a firm. He is very hard-working. As for his character, I can say that he is cheerful and easy-going. He is very hospitable and likes it when our friends and relatives come to see us. He is helpful and kind-hearted.
My mother is 39. She is a good-looking slim woman with dark hair and brown eyes. She is an English teacher and likes her work very much. She is kind and patient. In her free time she prefers reading English books or translating poetry.
My younger sister is 14. She is two years younger than me. She is a pretty girl with fair hair and greenish eyes. She is a student of the 9th form. She does well at school. Literature is her favourite subject. I can say that we are on very friendly terms but we are completely different. I’m a bit moody, ….. My sister is shy, ….. But we get on very well.
Actually, we have some other relatives who live far away. When they come to see us, we usually go to the center of our city and walk around its streets. We visit our city’s places of interest and usually go to the cinema to see a good film.
We have some family traditions. For example, we celebrate together family holidays and try to visit museums and theatres whenever we have free time. Every year on holidays we go travelling around Russia. We have already been to …
All in all, we are a close family and enjoy spending time together. I am proud of my parents and try to follow their example. I think, that’s all I can tell you about my family.
Answer more questions:
- What is better to have a small family or a big family with a lot of children and other relatives? Why?
- What are your family’s favourite pastimes? What do you like doing together?
- In what way is your family important for you?
- What is an ideal family as you see it?